Thursday, December 22, 2011

Things I saw on the way to work yesterday.

 Outside my house yesterday a man was driving his carriage toward the zoo (which is only a few blocks from my house).   It was a charming reminder that I am in a wonderful, vibrant city and just have to keep my eyes open to it all.  Then walking to work I saw a dog hanging out the window of a restaurant/tango studio.  He wasn't thrilled to have his picture taken but I couldn't resist. 

I am slowly getting adjusted to Argentina. I started buying groceries, cooked at home a few times, walked around my neighborhood and found a nice vegetable shop, butcher, and even a McDonalds (and no, I did not eat there - but I could).  I have visitors coming every month through May and am very excited to have friends here with me to explore the city.  It will continue to feel more like home, even though I definitely have a home I left behind.   




1 comment:

  1. People are deciding they want more flexibility in their careers and in their home lives. They are also deciding to take more control over their financial futures. The work-from-home phenomenon has people flocking to the internet in the hopes that they, too, can earn a substantial income while working on the computer.

    ReplyDelete