Monday, December 12, 2011

I had to dry myself with a bathmat...

I thought this would be a great little note for Face book, but I realized that then people would think I had just picked the bathmat up off the floor after a quick shower for no reason.  Not true.
See, when you start at a new post, they give you a Welcome Kit.  This kit takes various forms - it can be nice dishes and silverware and towels and a bathmat and an iron and microwave.  Sometimes it seems to be all the items found at an estate sale in Boca Raton, but you never know.  My kit here is pretty good - new dishes and glasses, and fresh towels. But I also have one of those old style mashed potato mashers and an old egg beater (god knows why - like I will arrive somewhere and need to beat some eggs or make mashed potatoes).   But everyone needs different things.    Anyway, long story short, I am not quite adjusted to being here yet.  The washing machine is unfamiliar, I don't want to do laundry, I don't have a linen closet full of towels, and I think my pile of dirty clothes got away from me.  So I took a shower, got out, only thing left in the towel pile from the kit was an extra bath mat.  It dries.  I didn't have to be "cupboard dry" (one of the selections on my washing machine) so I just went with it. 

They said Argentina would be full of new experiences.  Well, they were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment