Sunday, December 18, 2011

Further to the bathmat...

So I have been here almost three weeks.  Still using the welcome kit, still waiting for my UAB shipment which is 250 pounds of stuff you want to come immediately - sheets, towels, stuff like that but enjoying the city more. My UAB should have arrived in the first week but 20 days and counting. 

Anyway, in the interim, I got around to doing the laundry.  Towels, sheets, socks all into the machine. Overseas I find all of the appliances to work very differently.   My dryer doesn't say time and temperature, it asks me if I want my clothes to be ready-to-iron, cupboard dry, or ready-to-wear.   I am treating it like a mini-research project, keeping track of how my clothes feel when they are cupboard-dry.  Washing machine is also a mystery involving converting Celsius to Fahrenheit, separating by fabric type and if I am doing a daily wash, sport (?) or something else.   This is really just a crap shoot.   

So problem is the sheets I washed are green. So now my towels (formerly white) are green too.  As is the bathmat.  Let's see what else I can do to screw up the Welcome kit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment