Saturday, April 28, 2012

Patagonia - The Incredible Place I stayed

Which way will the wind blow.
This is my last post on the visit to Bahia Bustamante in Patagonia.  Buenos Aires is a great city, but if you aren't from a big city, well, then that is what it is.  A lot of cars and stores and restaurants. That is fun but if you are craving big sky, trees, space and fresh air, then the parks just aren't enough.  Patagonia is all of those things in overdrive.

It is incredible to be on this side of the earth.  We were staying on the Atlantic Coast and closer to Antarctica than the equator. We were so isolated from any other civilization that the Milky Way was as bright as a star. Luckily four planets were visible when we were
there and using someone's cool i-pad app, we were able to find each one.


Seaweed Warehous
Street Sign.
Everywhere you looked there were animals, or views. or wood weathered by the ocean or charming details.  Our room, Pinguino, faced the beach. When we weren't on an excursion, I would walk the beach and collect sea glass, driftwood, or a few shells.  I walked through parts of the beach that were ankle deep in shells - it must be what Florida was like hundreds of years ago.
Our hotel room.

On the Road to Bahia Bustamante
We also visited the seaweed factory that operates behind the hotel.
The food was top notch and usually one meal a day included sea weed in crepes or salad or even desert.  They had an organic garden on site and a great staff.

 It was a fantastic break from the city and I hope I see more friends down here so I have an excuse to go back!
The door into the main sitting room and dining hall.

Looking down the beach.

Sunset through my window into my bedroom.

The coastline.

The booty!








No comments:

Post a Comment