Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years 2012 - The Fireworks Show

 

Argentines celebrate Christmas and New Years with a late dinner and then fireworks at midnight.  Then the kids in the family will go out all night.  Apparently it gets very rowdy-  I was even carefully advised by an Argentine friend not to go out as Christmas is one of the most "dangerous" nights to be on the town.  Too bad, I love my 3 am martini to celebrate Christmas tradition I had planned to start.  
I think it can also be dangerous because a few people fire guns into the air to celebrate, but I am hoping that doesn't happen in downtown Palermo where I currently live (sort of the Le Marais of Paris or Central Park in New York).  

So for New Years, since it is the bigger show, my friend Jason had a party and we went to the top of his building (only open on New Years and Christmas to the residents) and watched the show from the 36th floor or so.  It really isn't a place to hang out - we were walking around vents and broken tiles, and of course, no real fence around the roof - but whatever.  The view was INCREDIBLE.  I even set it to one of my favorite songs.  Enjoy the show!


1 comment: